First of all, I’m feeling very stressful because I am here got to rush for my assignment. This is my very last subject and this will be my last time to put all my knowledge in that I’ve learn before.
Below is my progress for assignment 3:-
Part A- Learning Journal (5%)- I’m sure I would be able to get the marks when is time for the assignment due.
Part B- Preparation and Planning (10%)- I have finished this part but I do not know whether I am on the right track or not.
Part C – Lesson plans (5%)- I’m still half way in this part. I do hope that I’m able to finish up earlier as this part doesn’t weight a lot of mark here.
Part D- Never start at all. I do hope that I’m able start earlier because this part weight a lot of mark.
Thanks to Shan Yuen and Shireen for sharing her view. Assignment 3 in part B are contains of 2 parts:-
- The context for your Professional Experience. A description of those aspects of your Professional Experience context that will impact upon and must be considered when you are integrating ICTs into the teaching you will do on Professional Experience.
- Your approach to planning ICT integration. A description of the approach you will use to plan the integration of ICTs into your teaching while on Professional Experience.
- your views of learning and teaching that inform your approach to planning;
- your view of the role of ICTs in student learning; and,
- a discussion of the specific processes, literature, theories, strategies, tools, systems and other insights you have gained through this course and your broader studies that inform your planning.
Moreover, there are also some important point that we should barred in mind that share by our lecturer, Ms Kim in Facebook group.
Good Luck to everyone!
First of all, I would like to thanks to Shan Yuen for sharing her understanding on assignment 3.
From my understanding, Assignment 3 are contains of 4 parts:-
1) Learning Journal (5%) – The component is similar to the learning journal from assignments 1 and 2.
2) The Preparation and Planning (10%) – the context of my professional experience and the approach of ICT integration which around 500-1000words.
3) Lesson Plan (5%)- include 5 lesson with reflection that we have taught during our professional experience.
4) Evaluation and Lesson learned (20%) – to evaluate the integration of ICT during my Professional Experience and identify lessons that I need to apply for your future teaching which around 1000-1500 words.
I hope I’m on the right track and I’m now on the progress of the assignment. I do hope that I can finish up my assignment on time while doing my practical.
With my school theme, I have chosen Pets as my ongoing lesson during my prac. Therefore, the lesson that I taught is about Pets. The lesson were being start with a story telling session to make the children get familiar with Pets. There are so excited to talk about their own pets. For those children who do not have a pet, they do told me that they wish to have their own pets. After the story session, I would let the children to tell me about their own pets using Kidblog. Each of the children in my class do have a Kidblog account, each of the children take turns to use laptop on the computer room. Unfortunately, I feel that it could be restless for some children who are waiting their friend to update their blog. They do walk around in the classroom and play with their friends.
I think I should always keep in my mind that the things and further enhance my teaching in future. I will try my best to make the lesson to become more interesting.
What is Ipad?
The Ipad is aline of tablets computers designed and marketed by Apple Inc, which runs Apple’s IOS (Wikipedia, 2013). An Ipad can shoot video, take photos, play music, and perform internet function such as web-browsing and emailing. I would like to share one of the article that I feel it quiet interesting to me, which talks about 10 uses for iPad, you will find that it really makes your life colorful!
Therefore, I feel that integrating Ipad in children’s classroom enable children’s learning to be more effective. There is no doubt that the uses of Ipad had influenced the lives of many people, no matter it is in good or bad ways. I would like to share out one article which state about the pros and cons of using Ipad in the classroom.
Now, let’s watch a Youtube video on teacher interview about Ipad in the classroom. Click here to watch.
David Jones had posted a questions in Week 10 study desk where required us to fill up the blanks. I would like to thanks to Shireen and Shan Yuen who talks about the questions and answer in their blog. Therefore, I would like yo share my answer over here.
Here goes the questions and my answer:
Let get the mind activated:-
The questions that parents face as they raise children from infants to adult are not easy to answer. Both father and mother can become concerned when health problems such as cough arise anytime after the early stage to later life. Experts recommend that young children should have plenty of soup and nutritious food for healthy growth. Boys and girls should not share the same beverages or even be in the same recreation. They may be afraid of the dirt.
Let’s have a try if you feel is interesting.
Have fun everyone.
ICT in children’s play…
Children come across all kinds of technologies in their homes and in the local environment and learn, not just the skills of using them but their cultural and social importance. The children also become competent users of devices such as mobiles phones and games machines without formal instruction.
Play is intrinsically motivating and enjoyable activity that is central to children’s learning and development (Corrie, 2000). It is widely known that children have right and need freedom to play, and to explore their surrounding world, as well as to develop knowledge and understanding in their own way. Hence, teacher supports and helps to engage children quality play experiences becomes critical part in early childhood years.
Corrie, L. (2000). Learning through play book 1: curriculum and learning outcomes. Western Australia: The University of Western Australia.